Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thing 6

There was so much to explore! I enjoyed the many different projects that you could complete with photos. I created a mosaic and put a nice frame around a picture from Flickr. I also found pictures on Flickr by clicking on a specific color. I liked this but i couldn't figure out how to edit the pictures. Some I wanted to keep, and others I would have wanted to replace.
In the classroom (not library), you could put pictures of children on the dice. You could roll to determine who would go first, answer a question, etc.... You could use the trading cards in social studies. A student would study a famous person, dress as him/her, and then talk with peers one-on-one. Students would trade cards. I enjoyed Thing 6.

2 comments:

VWB said...

i loved the color pickr but it has been awhile since I played with it in my 23 Things blog...I don't think you can substitute the pictures, but you might be able to adapt the idea with preselected pictures and put them together in a different format?
is there a reason you would want to remove some?

Mrs. Yates said...

Thanks. I liked the pictures but some wouldn't be a first choice for the classroom.