Friday, June 20, 2008

Thing 7

Over the past two days I have looked at what Google had to offer. I created a calendar and liked that comments could be posted on the calendar items. The idea of Google Earth was very neat. I could easily use it in teaching. We could look at particular buildings that revolve around the heroes that we study. Unfortunately I could not download this program. I tried several times. I did not have administrator rights. Any hints?? I also created my own Google page. I viewed a few items on You Tube and sorted the windows. I uploaded a Windows document and played with it. I thought it was neat that you could make comments on others' documents. Lastly, I tried to search for PowerPoints on iGoogle--I think that is what you call it. I found some that sounded neat. I downloaded them, but I didn't know how to view them. Any hints??

2 comments:

VWB said...

if you are using your district laptop, google Earth is already loaded on it...to find it go to Start-->Programs-->App-web based--> and click on it there. no need to download!

Mrs. Yates said...

Super! I am going to try it today!