Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thing 9

I took some time looking at many different sights tat helped me search for blogs. I liked Technorati because of the different categories. Then descriptions of blogs came up to give me a good idea about the blog. I found some feeds on baking, family, and books. I enjoyed reading comments on books I have read in my book club and on ones we will be reading. I would love to start a blog for our book club. Is there a way to set up sections or links on the blog--comment in one area on chapters 1-5 and another on chapters 6-10...? The cool cat teacher blog was interesting, but I did not choose it to place on my google reader. I know that I will enjoy using Atomic Learning in my classroom. I know many teachers who have used it over the past few years. Their students enjoyed watching the videos that have helped solidify their learning.

3 comments:

Grendel said...

I am very interested in your idea about blogging for your book club. What books have you read? My school has a book club, and we are thinking of titles for the coming year. Could you share? I am also wondering if a wiki might be a good way to go, too.

Book Nook Girl said...

I like the idea of using a blog for your book club. One way to set up sections for commenting would be to create posts for each section. Once a post is up for each reading, then comments could be made to that post. I also like Grendel's idea of using a wiki. Each person in your book club could add to the wiki with their comments. Thing #16 will give you more information on wikis.

Mrs. Yates said...

I am curious about wikis. This may help me alot! Thanks!