Monday, July 14, 2008

Thing #12

Two important ideas that I read about blogging were:
1. Write a meaningful comment. A brief one or two words in response to another blogger does not increase conversation or connect to that other person. It is important to use specific details that support your opinion--whether you agree or disagree.
2. Write open-ended comments to spark conversation. If you are looking for others' insight, open-ended comments are good. If you comment on all that needs to be said, others won't have anything to state. In addition, if you ask others' opinions, you welcome their comments.

The comments about being a 'good' blogger are basic knowledge for 'good' conversations. So far I have not seen any inappropriate comments on the web or in Library2Play, which is great--no DC.

I reponded to others' blogs in learn2play. I also responded to Morvis13'sWisdom. This blog is written by a mother who has a son with Aspergers. This topic has always interested me because of the students I have seen and the mixed thoughts on the cause of autism. Lastly I responded to Nuts on Needlepoint. I have begun my first project and this blog has much information, including free projects. Overall, it always take hours to look at blogs--one to repond to.

4 comments:

Teacher Babs said...

Your comments on commenting are very insightful. Until I starting reading some of the sites on commenting, I had not thought of comments as a communication skill. To me it was a techno version of penpals.

Mrs. Yates said...

I agree, although I don't know about penpals. I am viewing Library 2.0 in a different way now.

Norma Jean Lasley said...

I was a lurker until Thing 12. Now that I have learned to comment with etiquette, I am exploring more sights with blogs where I can share my thoughts without offending anyone.

Mrs. Yates said...

Great!